Sunday, June 10, 2012

Self

Years ago, my shrink asked me what qualities I look for in a man. Then he asked me to name all the guys I had dated/been in a relationship with. After that, he asked me if any of them had any of those qualities, and shockingly, I discovered I had never been with anyone who was really what I wanted. I realized then that I have always settled and that I basically liked anyone who liked me. I was the poster girl for low self-esteem. With age comes wisdom, and now I would rather be alone than settle. I want someone who lives and breathes for love, would go after me if I left the room upset, and would go through any distance and time to find me. It's a tall order, yes, but I feel anything less just isn't worth it. I want my lover to be my best friend, and if I have that someone, all I need in addition is Lindsay. I don't need an entourage all the time. I don't need other people to validate who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You, Gallo

Gosh, I haven't attended to this blog in quite a while.I've looked it over and there are some very silly posts on here. Lots of sel...